Saturday, May 1, 2010

Carnival Day

One of our local grocery stores had a Carnival Day and when we heard Petting Zoo, we had to go. Even though it was Jason's birthday and we didn't exactly go for him, it was still a lot of fun. Addie loves just about any animal and was so excited to be able to actually see, touch, and smell some. We took lots of pictures and I'll try to be discretionary, but here's a look at our little adventure:

It was not cold or rainy today, but Addie is having a hard time adjusting to the warmer weather and still feels the need to put a jacket on before we leave the house.


She loved all the animals, but her favorite was the bunny. I think it was because it was so fat that no matter how much she petted it, it didn't move away very fast.
Andres was perfect the whole time - he loves to just look around at new places and crazy people (and there were plenty of those around, including a clown who had to have been 80 and a lady that looked like she hadn't left her house in 30 years).

There were also games. We got to go "fishing" and throw rings on the bottles. Addie got two very fun little prizes that we haven't seen since she had them in the car. That'll be a nice surprise next time we clean out the car.
Here's the cow, or the moo-moo that Addie really wanted to climb on.

I thought this was pretty good.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Fun. I am glad you had a good time. I am also glad that you found some crazy people in Iowa. Places are always more fun with crazy people.
Jodie, did you get a hair cut? I think there needs to be more pictures of you. You're just too cute to not have more pictures of you.

David and Deena said...

Fun times, fun memories. Looks like a delightful day...Happy BIrthday Jason.

Karlena said...

Happy Birthday, Jason. And yes, I agree with Emily. We need to have some pictures of your new haircut. This looked like the perfect outing! Perfect weather, happy children, happy parents (except Jason, who is sick). Thanks for sharing.

Jessica said...

What a fun day! I thought it was funny that Addie is having to adjust to the warmer weather because my little Abe is doing the same thing.

It was in the upper sixties and he wanted to wear a coat, hat and gloves to go outside. He cried when I tried to talk him out of it, so I let him wear it outside and eventually he got hot enough to take off the hat and gloves.