Friday, April 15, 2011

What have I done?

Last Saturday I gave Addie a haircut. Yes, I did it. I was very scared to do it. Not just because I don't know really how to cut hair, but also because I wasn't sure it was even going to make the situation better. The situation was this: Addie would not let me do ANYTHING with her hair. EVER. Washing her hair was stressful (it has improved in the last few months but still isn't a fun experience), and brushing her hair was torturous for all involved. And it was getting to the point that even when I brushed it, it didn't look that great. Like this random picture that Addie begged me to take. This is how her hair looked most days. But it wasn't until her hair bugged her so much in the car one day that it prevented her from falling asleep, thus not getting a nap and being grumpy the rest of the day. That was it for me. I decided to take action. It was Saturday morning and I had already done the dishes from the night before and Jason was still asleep. I knew he would have a problem with 1)me, 2)cutting her hair short, 3) and doing it over the carpet (even though I think hair is a lot easier to vacuum anyway). So I just went for it. Here she is, the last of her long beautiful locks. I had turned on a show to distract, but soon realized that her straining to look up was making it difficult, so I put something on the computer that was on a more even level.
The wet finished product made me quite nervous:
But as it dried, it just got cuter and cuter. I did have to trim a few scragglers later that day, but I think it looks pretty cute.
And, no, she didn't magically want to wear cute things in her hair all of a sudden. She wore the headband for the picture and that's it. Cute though, huh? Washing and brushing are much less painful for both of us though and she doesn't look like a complete ragamuffin.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Addie, I LOVE your haircut!! What a beautiful girl you are. You look exactly like your Mom did at that age.

Dusty said...

I am way impressed Jodie! You did awesome! Addie's hair looks so adorable! I wish you lived closer so you could cut Emme's hair in a few months! LOL Addie is such a pretty little girl. She really does look just like you Jodie.

kbgonzalez said...

I'm proud of you Jodie! You can do anything you put your mind to. Addie looks great!

David and Deena said...

It is so cute! I remember my little girls having minds of their own. If they would just let me dress them the way I wanted they would be SO cute...but no. They had their own ideas. Now I see my little granddaughters showing that trait at 18 mo. Women must come with that gene.

Jessica said...

I think almost every toddler girl should have a cute bob. So much easier! Fewer tears from moms AND daughters. When Eden was that age, her hair ended up in a short bob after she cut one side of her long hair off. It was cuter as a bob and tangles were not such a big deal.

Addie looks great!

Emily said...

That looks great! I can't wait to see you guys soon.