Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Andres!

This cute little guy turned 2 yesterday! Here's a bit about Andres at this age:
He loves to play, especially with cars, trains, trucks, balls, etc.
He still loves books and loves to be read to.
He has started to be insistent about certain movies and has been very loudly expressing his frustration that mom and dad won't let him watch movies all day every day. His favorites right now are Bolt, Monsters Inc., Rio, and Megamind.
He sleeps really well through the night and still takes a nap during the day and if I had the patience or the energy to deal with the sleepless transition, he would be out of his crib. As it is, he might not leave his crib until he has his own room (and that might not be for several years, haha!).
He is just a wonderful little guy and we are so glad he's in our family.
We celebrated on Sunday so that Jason could be involved. We made some super yummy cupcakes that Andres loved! He's a definite chocolate guy and he loves candy of any sort. So I put crushed Reese's Pieces in the frosting and then topped with peanut butter M&Ms.
For some reason, Andres didn't want to hold the cupcake after he blew out his candles. He picked off the M&M's and then ate the frosting and then the cupcake.
We then cleaned him up and he opened his present from Mom and Dad: a basketball hoop. Both Addie and Andres have had a lot of fun with it already.
and this is the banner that I made for his birthday

5 comments:

Emily said...

Happy birthday Andres! We love you, and we are so excited to see you in a few weeks.

karlena B said...

I love that little two year old. Hope all goes well today. And I want a recipe for those cupcakes.

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Andres! He is adorable! He looks just like a Dexter!

Jessica said...

He is so cute! And he has good taste in movies...I like those ones too.

David and Deena said...

Yep time for another baby. He's awfully cute!