Friday, December 24, 2010

A little bit for everyone

Here's a little update about everyone in the Gonzalez family at this wonderful time of year.

Andres
First, and most importantly: He is finally crawling. He is everywhere. He moves all over the place and scales the walls and the furniture so well that it amazes me. He has no sense of danger. One of his favorite things to do is crawl over to the gate that we have at the top of the stairs, pull himself up and then yell and bang on the gate like a caged monkey. He's a funny one. With this new-found movement, we've finally had to move the crib mattress down. Yes, it was still at the newborn stage because even though he's been able to sit up and pull up for months, he just never did in his crib. He would just lay there happily until someone got him. Not now. We can't keep him still if we tried. Not for a diaper change, or to get clothes on, nothing.

He does have some hair, it's just very thin and very light. And the only part that seems to be getting longer is the crown of his very large head. He loves most food, but the one he gets very excited about is spaghetti. When I put it on his tray, he makes giddy noises and claps and then digs in:Adelaide
Is VERY excited for Christmas. She loves our tree (even though it had to be moved out of sight due to her brother) and she sings Jingle Bells and Frosty the Snowman. She loved watching Frosty at Grandma and Grandpa's (about once a day) and the only other Christmas movie she has been "into" this year is A Christmas Story. She's a funny kid.

She also loves to get dressed. In whatever she can find. This picture was taken when we were getting ready for our trip. She usually gets everything on and then says, "Bye, have a good week!" and then heads for the door. I don't know why she always goes for a week. Addie can also tell wonderful stories and count all the way to 13. She's a lot of fun, as long as she's gotten enough sleep.

I couldn't really think of much for me, but I did say this was for everyone. You can pretty much tell what's going on with me from what's going on with everyone else. Life is busy and crazy, but most of the time it's also great. I'm working on projects here and there and always trying new recipes in the kitchen, with Addie's help of course.

While we were gone, this is what Jason was doing:
We were gone long enough to get through his finals. Now he's still in the same position as above (but much more comfortably attired) studying for his board exams that he takes on the 30th. While we were gone he also had a big accomplishment:
I'm sorry, but yes, that is what you think it is. He passed this just a few days after we left. There is still one more in there, but they cancelled the surgery because they said if he can pass this, he can pass whatever else is in there.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Your kids are cute!
I shudder when I think about Jason and the object next tithe penny. I can't imagine.

Karlena said...

Such cute kids. Love Addie's outfit. Looks like she is ready to go with Kim on some outdoor adventure.
I still can't believe the kidney stone! Amazing!

David and Deena said...

I'm happy for the fun you had and know what it is like to be with family. But Jason is so FORLORN! I shed a tear for him, especially with the kidney stone. Bless you all, for putting the effort needed into this schooling. Kids are adorable!

Horgy said...

The photo of Addie at the top of the stairs ready for adventure is priceless! You need to submit that in some contest, seriously.

Liana said...

so sorry I'm way behind and catching up on the blog, just had to say dang that's a huge stone! OUCH! I can't believe he was able to pass that, I sure hope he had good drugs. The kids are getting so big!